Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Chromeo


I watched Chromeo perform at the Fillmore last night and it was by far the best concert I have been to in ages if not of all time.

The DJ who opened for the event was an ass hat with no skill what so ever. All he did was play music videos on a projector and occasionally scratch them. The only reason it was at all entertaining was because he played a few popular clips. Most notably for me was the Flat Eric - Flat Beat video.

The overall performance was amazing. It had just the right amount of cowbell and hot chicks. I went my co-worker and new friend Aaron who I turned on to Chromeo and he's never been happier.

Not only did I get the epic entertainment of my current favorite band but I also got some unexpected sexy butt grinding. Thats right butt grinding. Right before the main event began this girl and her friend asked us if it was ok if they smoked a cigarette, we are in the middle of a huge crowed 4 people back from the stage mind you, and I said I didn't mind. Aaron however objected and she began to flirt with him and eventuraly he agreed to aproove in exchange for a few extra feet closer to our Tenderoni.

As soon as the music started this girl was all over Aaron dancing with him and her friend like crazy. I kept look back and making eye contact with her and at the beginning of like song three she shoves her self in front of me. Her eyes on the stage and never making contact with me she shoves her butt in to me and we start ass dance grinding in ways that would make baby jesus go to conffession. It was totally hot!

Chromeo played just about every song they have on both Fancy Footwork and She's in Control. They would have skipped some key songs like Mamma's Boy had the grown not chanted P-Thugg and Dave 1 back out 4 times!!!

When it was all over and people started clearning out Aaron and I started to help ass grinding girl find something she dropped. While scanning the floor I could an male RCA jack turned into an earing and thought it was so cool I pocketed it. Moments later I showed it to Aaron and he spotted the girl who was missing it. I returned it to her and she had no idea it was even gone.

Jade, the one with the awesome earings, chatted me up a bit. In retro spect I totally fumbled this one failing to find a conversational path towards re encounter. I am definitely out of practice. To top it all off while I was chatting up Jade the hot ass grinding girl (who I never formally met) disappeared.

Double Darn.

But Dude!! CHROOOOMMMEEEEOOOOOO!! OOOO!!! OOOO!!

No comments: