Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My Apartment in Barcelona

I just laid down, exhausted, in the wonderful furnished room I'm renting for the three weeks I'm going to be in Barcelona. 

It was a bit of a trek to get here. Partly because my travel skills have dulled and there is way way less english here then anywhere else I've ever been to. Nothing is in english and the few people I have asked for help spoke little to no english. This is certainly, at least so far, way more challenging then anywhere else I've been to. 

Even my house mate doesn't speak any english. We did a little hand gesture song and dance as she showed me around the place. I busted out babble fish but we had managed to cover the minimum with what little language we share. She makes rad art, I'm tempted to google up some spanish compliments =P

The other house mate Marana, who speaks english, will be home later. Maybe she'll be up for showing me around a bit. Oooh maybe I'll take the ladies out to dinner. 

ok I can believe I'm needing more rest but I'm exhausted so nap time for me. 

[random thought: gtalk should enable a babel fish pipe]

No comments: